Please keep in mind that Anime Fiesta is an all-ages event, and follow the guidelines below.
- Costumes deemed lewd, obscene or offensive by Anime Fiesta or the McAllen Convention Center will not be permitted into the event.
Your costume must cover, at minimum, as much as a typical bathing suit. Breasts need to be majority covered and buttocks must be completely covered.
Attendees wearing tight-fitting costumes are required to wear appropriate undergarments (dance belts or similar).
Bare feet will not be permitted while on the convention floor for your safety.
Cosplay, costumes, and apparel with hate symbols, pornographic images or offensive language are not allowed.
Cosplay, costumes, and apparel intended to harass, provoke, or intimidate are not allowed.
Costumes must not obstruct or impede the flow of traffic or entryways.
Oversized costumes, costumes that obscure the vision of the wearer, or with large extensions (ex: wings), should have a designated “handler,” to assist the wearer through hallways, doorways and crowds.
Costumes should not closely resemble or imitate real life law enforcement, military personnel or healthcare uniforms.
- All bags and props are subject to a security check upon entry.
- Functional weapons of any kind are not permitted, including but not limited to: real swords, knives, blades, scissors, bats, guns, cap guns, gel blasters, air-soft guns.
- Approved materials for props are foam, rubber, cardboard, plastic, papier-mâché, and other light materials.
- Wooden props are generally ok, but will be reviewed by security. Wooden bats are not permitted. Wooden props must not have pointed ends.
- Prop firearms that resemble real firearms must have a brightly colored cap.
- Costumes should not closely resemble or imitate real life law enforcement, military personnel or healthcare uniforms.
- Costumes that contain hate symbols or symbols of hate groups are not permitted.
- All bladed prop weapons must be blunt. Live steel (metal) is not permitted on the venue grounds.
- Bows must have low string tension, and be incapable of firing.
- Replica metal/bladed weapons purchased from a dealer at Anime Fiesta must be kept in the box. Unboxing or handling the replica on the convention floor is not permitted.
- • Anime Fiesta is committed to maintaining a fun and respectful environment for all attendees.
- • Anime Fiesta strictly prohibits harassment and/or discrimination against anyone in attendance at the event. Incidents will be met with appropriate action.
- • Harassment includes offensive verbal comments (related to gender, disability, physical appearance, race, religion, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation), sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
- • Reports will be responded to immediately. If an attendee engages in harassing behavior, Anime Fiesta staff may take any action deemed necessary, including warning the offender, expulsion from the event without refund, or contacting the appropriate authorities.
- • What should you do if you or someone you know is being harassed or made to feel uncomfortable while in attendance at Anime Fiesta?
- • Please report the incident as soon as possible to the nearest Anime Fiesta Staff member, volunteer or police officer. All event and venue staff will be in clearly marked shirts or uniforms. A volunteer can always be found in the information booth near the entrance of the exhibit hall.
- • Please do not hesitate to report an incident to event staff. We want to ensure that all of our attendees feel safe and comfortable while attending the event and we cannot offer our assistance if an incident is not reported to us, or reported to us after the event. The sooner you can report the incident the better, so we can gather information and act quickly. Please offer a good description, and remember, report any incident as soon as possible.
- Pictures and video taken by Anime Fiesta official photographers and videographers during the event are the property of South Texas Conventions LLC and may be used by South Texas Conventions LLC for advertising and promotion of future events.
- When photographing attendees, vendors or anyone else in attendance at the event please ask permission first.
- Do not obstruct walkways, entrances or exits when photographing/recording.